Eagle Eye Adventures COVID -19 policies
The health and safety of all staff and guests of Eagle Eye Adventures is our number one priority. The following policies and procedures have put in place in order to ensure
operating can be done with little risk to all.
1) All Staff is to complete an onetime health declaration form stating they agree to not come to work if:
- a) They have any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, shortness of breath
b) Have been in contact with COVID-19, another person with COVID-19, or a person suspected with COVID-19 and.
c) Have been traveling and are currently subject to a 14-day quarantine
2) All staff must familiarize themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19. A self-assessment tool can be found at: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
3) All staff must report to their supervisor if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness and must not report to work.
4) Should any staff/crew members test positive for COVID-19, operators should report to Public Health and work with officials to assist with contact tracing as necessary.
5) A province-wide medical resource list will be available to staff including telephone numbers and websites addresses for key medical, mental health, and anti-bullying resources along with approved sources for COVID-19 information.
6) We will aim to keep the vessel crew on the same vessel throughout the day whenever possible. If staff changes are required, adequate time will be allowed for proper sanitization of the vessels including but not limited to: radios, telephones, microphones, handrails, doorknobs, helm area, etc.
7) Operators and staff may reserve the right to refuse service to any guest displaying symptoms of illness.
8) Approved cleaning methods and products certified by Health Canada or the British Columbia Ministry of Health will be used.
9) Staff is required to use fresh gloves, whenever handling cleaning products, emptying trash, and handling food service items. Gloves and masks will be made available to all staff.
- All surfaces are to be wiped down regularly and anytime a customer leave.
- Masks must be worn by staff when 6 ft separation cannot be maintained.
- A hand sanitizer station will be set up beside the front door as well as behind the desk for staff.
- Front doors are to be left open during operating hours.
- Trying on clothing will not be permitted.
- Contactless payment should be used where possible – cash will be accepted when necessary.
- A plexiglass barrier is placed on the front desk.
- Markings on the floor will be applied to demonstrate appropriate physical distance for customers.
- Only one family or household is permitted in the office at a time, max three people.
- Staff will conduct a brief health questionnaire with all guests checking in that asks basic questions such as, “Have you experienced a recent cough, fever or other flu-like symptoms” This survey will be part of our waiver. If the guest completes the health questionnaire prior to arrival it will be important to update at check-in.
- Contact information will be collected for all guests through our waiver and held for 30 days should contact tracing be necessary
- Marina bathrooms are not maintained by our office staff but are accessible for use we will leave a key at the door for guests to use at their own discretion.
Food Services Procedures
- One person will be responsible for all coffee or food handling.
- Lunches will be individually packaged for each guest.
- The temporary use of single-use coffee cups and water bottles will be implemented.
- No food is to be self-served; the guide is to serve all food.
- Appropriate PPE should be worn during food service, fresh gloves, and mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available prior to serving any food.
Suits and Gear Procedures
- We will not be offering any goggles, toques or gloves on regular tours
- In the event we do offer these items, they will be cleaned and left separately to sit for 12 hours in an Ozone cleaning environment, after use.
- All suits will be Ozone cleaned for 12 hours after each use.
- Staff will be given masks, eye protection, and gloves to wear when handling suits after the tour.
- Each guest will be given a Buff Band to be worn as a mask.
- Captains are to incorporate information regarding COVID-19 as part of safety talk prior to leaving the dock.
- Captains are to wear mask and gloves while helping guests board, guests will board one at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to guests on each vessel and should be used prior to boarding.
- We will space guests out to the best of our ability on the boat.
- There will be a buff band available to each guest for a small donation to WCA, this or a mask they supply themselves must be worn at all times during the tour if physical distancing is not possible. The nose and mouth must be covered.
- Bathrooms will be closed for the 4-hour trips.
- Departure times will be staggered to minimize the number of people at the office at a time.
After Tour Procedures
- Guests will disembark one at a time
- Guests will remove suits and pile on the map table at the seating area.
- Staff will clean and hang up separate from not used suits.
- Staff will clean and sanitize all surfaces of boats between every trip.
- We keep guides on the same boat whenever possible.
- All garbage will be sealed and thrown out.
Book online your adventure tour
To reserve your space on any marine safaris or expeditions, just call our office at 1-250-286-0809, Or use the bookings button on our site.
A 50%* per person deposit is required for all other Trips. Same-day reservations must be paid in full prior to boarding the vessel.
The 10% discount for the tours will be automatically deducted when you book.
VISA or MASTERCARD, for convenient booking.
Tax is not included in the price of the tour.
Tour times are approximate. Eagle Eye Adventures reserves the right to cancel or modify any trip due to weather conditions, tide, or any unforeseen circumstances.
Rates and departures, subject to change without notice, of course, we try to reach everybody, but give us a call in advance and we can tell you the rate and departure changes.
- Due to the COVID 19 crisis we are giving all booked trips that are in need of canceling their tour credit towards their trip, this credit will be non-expiring (transferable to other people, please contact us to help you out).
- Cancellation due to any pandemic will result in a credit towards a trip in the future, this credit will be non-expiring (transferable to other people, please contact us to help you out).
- A 10% cancelation fee (of the full booking price) will be charged for cancellation being made by the customer up to 24 hours before departure, 100% cancellation fee will be charged when cancelation is done 24 hours before or less.
- No fees will be charged when we cancel the tour, and a full refund will be given if tours are canceled due to weather conditions, mechanical issues. We will do our best to either re-schedule tours if required or to locate another accommodating company.
- Eagle Eye Adventures can at all times change or modify the cancellation policy.
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels. Eagle Eye Adventures reserves the right to alter departure time, vessel, and the length of the tour (duration) without any prior notice. Eagle Eye Adventures reserves the right to cancel the tour if there are fewer than our minimum requirement.
A fantastic birthday or holiday gift! Give an Eagle Eye Adventures gift certificate for a specific package, or a distinct dollar amount, which can be applied to any package of the receiver’s choice.
We’ll send the gift certificate to you (or the recipient) in an attractive presentation folder along with a current brochure.
Gift vouchers can not be used to redeem for money.
Offering the Raincheck Guarantee starting our future seasons!
While we cannot say with 100% certainty that we will find the wild animals we are seeking on each and every tour, we stand by our rain check guarantee to offer the best possible chance for viewing these incredible animals.
Eagle Eye Adventures – Raincheck Guarantee
It is our greatest hope that all of our guests enjoy the time they spend with us. We do our absolute best to deliver experiences on the water that leaves you inspired, entertained, and educated about the whales and the wildlife in our beautiful Discovery Island area. A combination of local knowledge, working together with all other companies, experience, education, and luck allows our guests to have a great time to view wildlife.
Eagle Eye Adventures enjoys a sightings success rate of over 95% for whale watching tours throughout the season. However, due to the inherent nature of viewing wild animals in their natural habitat, we cannot guarantee with 100% certainty that there will be whale sightings on every tour. To enhance the expected value that each of our guests deserves, we offer our lifetime, non-expiring Eagle Eye Adventures rain check Guarantee:
If you join us on a Whale Watching Tour (6 hours) and do not see a whale, we will provide you with a rain check ticket, allowing you to join us on another tour – free of charge!
Guests using a rain check for Whale Watching tours:
- Are able to join tours aboard our zodiac vessels.
- Are on a stand-by basis, dependent on Transport Canada capacity requirements and mandatory staffing levels, availability/bookings.
- Are able to confirm seats 30 minutes prior to departure.
Our rain check tickets NEVER expire. They can be used on the same day, in the same year, or in 20 years from your original departure (Non-transferable/ No cash value). We operate tours each day providing opportunities for you to join us again, if not successful on your first trip. It is important to keep in mind that our tours are often sold out in peak season – mid-June to mid-September – which will decrease the ability to use the rain check ticket if your time is limited.
If you do not think you’ll be returning to our area it is possible to exchange your rain check for an in-house discount on gift shop items. The discount is dependent on the booking details.
If you have any questions regarding our Raincheck Guarantee, please speak to any of our team members and we will do our very best to help!
Alcohol and Drugs
Alcohol and illegal substances are both unsafe and unwelcome.
Consumption of alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted prior to or while you are engaged in an activity. Anyone consuming alcoholic beverages or who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances prior to departure will be denied access to the vessel.
Refunds or alternates dates will not be arranged. Final decisions will be made by the Captain or the management.
Outdoors adventures are enjoyed by people of all ages. However, certain risks are involved in undertaking any outdoor activity.
We make every effort to provide you with the finest, most fun-filled trip possible. Our staff will provide a safety orientation prior, to the commencement of each voyage and it is important that you follow their directions and advice carefully.
Due to the nature of our business, all customers need to sign our waiver prior to departure.
* Fuel surcharge apply.
* booked and hold seats for deals need to be consumed, no refund when not used on booked time.
* Kids price is from 3 until 14 years.