What to wear during a whale watching tour?
When going on a whale watching tour, it's important to dress appropriately for the weather and the conditions on the water. Here are some general tips on what to wear:
- Dress in layers: Even if the weather is warm on land, it can get quite chilly out on the water, especially if there's wind or spray from the waves. Dress in layers so you can adjust your clothing as needed.
- Wear waterproof and windproof clothing: You're likely to get wet and windy conditions can make it feel colder, so it's important to wear waterproof and windproof clothing, such as a rain jacket, to protect yourself from the elements.
- Wear comfortable, non-slip shoes: You'll be moving around the boat and may need to navigate wet or slippery surfaces, so wear comfortable, non-slip shoes with good grip, such as sneakers or hiking boots.
- Bring a hat and sunglasses: A hat can help protect your face and head from the sun, and sunglasses can help protect your eyes from glare off the water.
- Consider wearing a life jacket: Many whale watching tours provide life jackets or flotation devices, but you may want to bring your own if you have one that fits well and is comfortable.
Overall, dressing in layers and wearing waterproof and windproof clothing is key when going on a whale watching tour, as you want to be prepared for a range of weather conditions and keep yourself comfortable and protected while out on the water.