Eagle Eye Adventures & the complete guide to whale watching in British Columbia
Eagle Eye Adventures is a highly regarded whale watching company based in Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada. They offer a variety of whale watching tours that allow visitors to experience the beauty and majesty of the local marine wildlife.
Here is a complete guide to whale watching with Eagle Eye Adventures in British Columbia:
- Tour Options: Eagle Eye Adventures offers a variety of tours that cater to different interests and schedules. You can choose from a half-day or full-day tour, a zodiac or covered boat, and a range of different departure times.
- Wildlife to Look for: British Columbia is home to a variety of marine wildlife, including orcas (killer whales), humpback whales, minke whales, gray whales, porpoises, sea lions, seals, otters, and a variety of bird species.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to go whale watching in British Columbia is from May to October. During this time, the whales are feeding and migrating, which makes for great viewing opportunities.
- What to Wear: Dress in layers and bring a waterproof jacket, as it can be chilly on the water. Also, wear comfortable, non-slip shoes, and bring sunglasses and a hat to protect against the sun.
- What to Bring: It's recommended to bring a camera, binoculars, and sunscreen. You can also bring a snack and a water bottle, as well as any medication you may need.
- Safety: Safety is a top priority for Eagle Eye Adventures, and their boats are equipped with safety equipment such as life jackets, radios, and GPS systems. Before each tour, a safety briefing is provided to ensure that all passengers are aware of safety protocols.
- Conservation: Eagle Eye Adventures is committed to responsible whale watching and follows strict guidelines to ensure the safety and well-being of the marine wildlife. They are also involved in marine conservation efforts and support research and education initiatives.